A HUGE Success be on the look out for more.
HikeDay2018 is SOLD OUT!
Join us Saturday, May 5th for Fun, Hiking and Friends. Let's take advantage of the beautiful Spring weather and escape the city. Starting with a hike then practice some yoga, meditation, breathwork and closing the day with fun and celebration at the Peekskill Brewery.
Our field trip will begin early with a 70min train ride along the scenic Hudson River. Once we arrive at the Peekskill stop, we will take a brief transfer over to “Blue Ridge Reservation” where we will begin our 4.5 hour hike. We have chosen a trail that will be sure and get your heart rate elevated but not overly taxing.
Once we reached the peak of our hike we will take a rest and refuel with some light asana work, pranayama and meditation then continue down the mountain to Peekskill Brewery where food will be waiting for us.
At the Peekskill Brewery we have selected a delicious family style meal with vegetarian options for all us to enjoy. Drinks are not included in the price but everyone is welcome to enjoy as much of PB's home brews as you like.
TICKET PURCHASES (two options)
$108.00 per person
Includes roundtrip train ticket, Hike, Yoga, Dinner at PB
$83.00 per person
Includes Hike, Yoga, Dinner at PB (No Train)
WE ARE CURRENTLY SOLD OUT FOR THIS RETREAT.
IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO GET ON OUR WAITLIST EMAIL: theYogaAdventure@gmail.com
8:40am from Grand Central Station, NYC
A Glance at our day:
- Meet at Grand Central Station
- Train leaves Grand Central (most like 8:30am or 9:30am)
- Arrive in Peekskills
- Van transport to trailhead
- Hike up (starting about 11:30 or 12pm)
- At the Anthony's Nose Peak: light asana, meditation, breathwork, eat your snack
- Hike back
- Peekskill Brewery pre-fix meal (details coming)
- Train Leaves (TBD mostly likely 7:30pm)
- Back in New York City.
What to Bring
- Water bottle
- Small Hiking Pack
- Snack/Light lunch (not provided) - Think about how you want to reward yourself for hiking, snacks, energy bars, fruit...etc
- A friend or two
- Rain* gear (?) -Check the weather the night before and consider bringing something lightweight and breathable.
- light warm layer if or when the temperature does change.
- Hiking footwear -Wearing shoes is optional and I highly recommend trying a little barefoot hiking. I had the pleasure of canyoning bare-foot with Wim Hof in the Spanish Pyrenees July 2107. It was awesome.!!
- Extra Socks
- Toilet paper (possibly)
What about the hike?
The hike to Anthony's Nose is no joke. It's a strong hike. If you normally exercise a couple of days a week this will be a decent challenge. This hike is for you if you like a moderately challenging hike to an awesome Hudson River overlook.
- Difficulty: 6 out of 10 (rolling climbs with steep, rocky sections)
- Highlights: Scenic trail with several nice views, awesome Bear Mountain Bridge overlook, excellent opening for jokes about picking Anthony’s Nose
- Distance: 5.5 miles, round-trip
- 4-5 hours, Approximate roundtrip time:
- Total ascent: 888 ft
- Max elevation: 912 ft above sea level
*What happens if it Rains?
We are planning this day for rain or shine. We are obviously hoping for great Spring weather but if Mother Nature has something else in mind we will adjust accordingly. If we need to cancel the entire trip because of severe and unsafe weather then we will refund your money.
Due to our our agreements with the Peekskill Brewery and because we are buying train tickets in bulk, we have a 72 hour no refund cancellation policy. This translates to three days prior so end of day Wednesday, May 2nd you can cancel your reservation for a refund.
Our Meal at Peekskill Brewery
As part of your reservation, we've arranged a pre-fixed meal at the Peekskill Brewery for all of us to enjoy together. All tax and tips are included as well.
Beer and booze are NOT included.
- Bronx Baking Co. Pretzels (w/Maldon Salt & Beer Cheese)
- Chorizo Nachos (Blue Corn tortillas, cheddar, pickled Serrano Peppers, crema, salsa)
- Smoked Artichoke Hummus (w/pita, olives, veggies)
Three Entree Options:
- PB Burger (5 oz. hormone & antibiotic free beef, bacon, cheddar, grilled onion, lettuce aioli, Beacon Bread Co. Brioche Bun All burgers cooked to medium temperature.)
- Blackened Salmon (w/braised kale & ancient grain mix)
- Gardner’s Pie (roasted red reppers, broccoli, carrots, artichokes, stewed tomatoes)
If you are DRIVING...
Please arrive to the trailhead no later than 10:15am so we can all hike together. Here is a link to the Peekskill, NY once we have the exact location of the hike trailhead we will add that info here and send it to you as well. We will be hiking in the Blue Mountain Reservation
Is a restaurant, brewpub and neighborhood staple located on the Riverfront Green in Peekskill, NY, steps away from the Metro North station. Peekskill has been serving Independent Craft Beer and a gastropub menu sourced with seasonal and local ingredients since 2008.